top of page

Google Ads Case Study: How We Reduced Cost/Conv. By 30% in 7 Days - A Step-by-Step Guide





Are you struggling to achieve a satisfactory Cost/Conv. on your Google Ads campaigns? If so, you're not alone. Many businesses find it challenging to achieve a balance between generating high-quality conversions and keeping costs low. However, with the right approach and strategies, it is possible to achieve remarkable results in just a short amount of time, as we demonstrated with one of our clients.


In this case study, we'll take a deep dive into how we were able to reduce our client's Cost/Conv. by an impressive 30% in just seven days of implementing our strategic Google Ads campaign. We'll walk you through our step-by-step process of analyzing the client's previous campaign data, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing a targeted approach to maximize conversions while minimizing costs. Our focus on optimizing keywords, ad placement, and ad copy proved to be highly effective in achieving the desired results.


Background


Our client, a mortgage bank, was struggling with their Google Ads campaigns. They had been running Google Ads for several months but had not achieved satisfactory results in terms of their Cost/Conv. They were experiencing high costs per conversion and a low conversion rate, which was impacting their overall ROI.



Upon reviewing their previous campaigns, we identified several areas for improvement, including keyword optimization, ad placement, and ad copy. We recommended a strategic approach to address these areas, with a focus on maximizing conversions while minimizing costs.


Campaign Setup


We started by setting up a new Google Ads campaign with a targeted approach. We optimized the campaign structure and targeting options to ensure that the ads were being served to the right people at the right time. We also created new ad copy that was more compelling and engaging than the previous ads.


We selected specific keywords that were highly relevant to the client's business and industry. We used a mix of broad match and phrase match keywords to ensure that the ads were being served to a wider audience while also targeting users who were more likely to convert. We also added negative keywords to the campaign to ensure that the ads were not being served to users who were unlikely to convert.


Offline Conversion Tracking


In addition to the strategies mentioned above, we also implemented offline conversion tracking for our client's Google Ads campaigns. This allowed us to track conversions that occurred offline, such as phone calls and in-person visits to the client's office. By tracking offline conversions, we were able to gain a more comprehensive view of the effectiveness of the client's Google Ads campaigns and make data-driven decisions based on that information.


Negative Keywords


Negative keywords are a crucial component of any successful Google Ads campaign. By adding negative keywords, we were able to ensure that the client's ads were not being served to users who were unlikely to convert. Negative keywords are words or phrases that a business does not want to be associated with their ads. By adding negative keywords, we were able to filter out irrelevant traffic and reduce costs associated with non-converting clicks.


We reviewed the client's previous campaigns and identified several keywords that were not relevant to their business or were unlikely to convert. We added these keywords as negative keywords to the campaign, which helped to filter out irrelevant traffic and reduce costs associated with non-converting clicks.


Ad Copy


We crafted new ad copy that was more focused on the client's unique value proposition and addressed pain points that their target audience was facing. We used ad copy that was more compelling, engaging, and included clear calls-to-action (CTAs) to encourage users to click through to the client's landing page and take action.


We also included ad extensions to make the ads more informative and engaging, such as sitelink extensions, callout extensions, and structured snippet extensions. These ad extensions provided additional information to users and encouraged them to take action.


Landing Page Optimization


We reviewed the client's landing page and identified several areas for improvement. We recommended changes to the design, layout, and content to make the page more engaging and compelling for users. We also made sure that the landing page was optimized for mobile devices, as the majority of the client's traffic was coming from mobile devices.

We created a clear and compelling headline that focused on the client's unique value proposition and included a clear CTA. We also optimized the content to ensure that it was easy to read, informative, and focused on the user's pain points. We included images and videos to make the landing page more engaging and visually appealing.


Final Thoughts


Achieving a satisfactory Cost/Conv. on Google Ads campaigns can be a daunting task, but with the right approach and strategies, it is possible to achieve remarkable results in just a short amount of time. In this case study, we demonstrated how we were able to reduce our client's Cost/Conv. by 30% in just seven days by optimizing keywords, ad placement, and ad copy, implementing offline conversion tracking, and adding negative keywords.

If you're struggling with your Google Ads campaigns, we highly recommend implementing these strategies to improve your overall ROI and achieve your business goals. As a Google Ads agency, we specialize in helping businesses optimize their Google Ads campaigns to achieve maximum results. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your business goals through effective Google Ads campaigns.


Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page